I will always be a summer baby at heart, but after giving snowboarding an honest shot, it's safe to say that I'm making some serious progress in my relationship with winter. Whether you are a beginner or practically a professional, everyone needs to feel prepared for a great trip to the mountain. Basic winter essentials are important, but there are a few small things that will make the experience so much better!
You can check out my Master List for other packing ideas to bring along with you. First, let's get the obvious out of the way... winter gear. Are you borrowing gear? Renting gear or do you have your own? Make sure you've got everything you need on the mountain.
- SKI PASS
- Ski Coat (get one with easy access pockets)
- Ski Pants
- Base layers - fleece jackets, puffy jackets, etc...
- Scarf/neck gaiter (trust me, you'll want this)
- Gloves + glove liners
- Ski socks
- Beanies/Ear warmers
- Snowboard + Snowboard boots
- Skis + Ski boots & poles
You can check out my Master List for other packing ideas to bring along with you.
There are a few other essentials that will help so much during your stay.
- Chap stick (soothe your lips from the cold)
- Sunscreen (suns still out! don't get burned from the reflection of the snow!)
- Tissues-to-go (runny noses are no fun)
- Swimsuit + flip flops (hot tubbing!)
- Comfy loose pajamas
- Icy hot (soothe sore muscles)
- Slippers (lounging about)
- Water proof mascara
- Optional - Camel back! (stay hydrated!)
Check out my Ski Trip in Colorado!
Thanks for Reading!
Looking for more travel related articles?
Packing lists, travel tips and everything you can think of!
Let me help you plan your next trip!
Click Here for my College Girl's Guide to Traveling!