My Favorite Travel Souvenirs | Part 1

While exploring a new place, it seems practically mandatory to pick up a keepsake or pocket a brochure that can remind you of memories of the trip. It's fun to have something tangible to always have to remember your adventures. I have to admit, I'll sometimes keep strange things like business cards, napkins or bottle caps from places I've been (it's weird, I know) After realizing how strange it really was, I sorted through my collection of knick knacks to only keep the best. Each item has a story, and I wanted to share those stories with you...


MY PASSPORT
It may seem strange to include my passport, but I remember the day that I applied for it. I was headed out of the country for the very first time. This is the one piece of memorabilia that will cross oceans and borders, cover continents and countries and will stick with me for a long time.

MY KITTY MUG
Germany
A good friend of mine got this for me while he was in Germany. He knew that I liked coffee, and figured since a mug had my name on it he would get if for me. I thought it was really cute when I first saw it. I loved the little kitten hiding among the daisies.He had no idea what the bottom line said, but we laughed when we realized it translated into "Nicole, The Playful"

MY NYC MUG
New York
Another friend knows that I love miniature things. She went on a trip to New York City a few years ago and brought this home for me! She saw this and thought it would be a fun gift!! I'm obsessed with tiny trinkets and tiny containers. It's safe to say she know me really well.

STATUE OF LIBERTY
New York
I traveled to New York over 10 years ago and this was one of the first souvenirs that I bought. I was so intrigued by the city and lady liberty. I loved taking the ferry ride over to Ellis Island and seeing her in all her glory up close and personal. We used their binoculars to see more of Ellis Island and took so many selfies with the statue.

USS MIDWAY PIN
San Diego, California
I decided that for my senior trip, I wanted to go to Disneyland and travel around California. We stopped in San Diego to go to the USS Midway, a retired aircraft carrier that has been morphed into a museum. My Dad and I are history buffs, especially him. It was amazing to see the all the aircraft and how life was around the time of World War 2. It was a fun week spent with my Mother and Father

MY 3EB WRIST BAND
Park City, Utah
A more sentimental piece of memory. Someone very special to me took me to a concert for Third Eye Blind. We made our way to the very front and I was holding onto the gate. We watched the musicians play and sing their heart out and feeding off the energy of the room. Everyone around us was singing and dancing and I couldn't believe how close we were. It was truly an unforgettable night.

COIN PURSE
Manila, Philippines
I spent 3 months of my life on an internship in the Philippines. We used pesos to get around everywhere and took rides on tricycles and jeepney's. This was one of the first things I bought while I was down there. It's made of leather and really durable and still holds all of the pesos I never used.


NECKLACE
Palawan, Philippines
If I had to choose a favorite spot I went to in the Philippines, it would definitely be El Nido. The most perfect beaches with soft sand, light blue waters and the most generous and friendly people. I loved every second of my time down there and bought multiple souvenirs for my family and friends. I saw this gorgeous necklace and knew I needed it. It's still my go to necklace after all these months.



There you have it!
A few memories attached with some fun things I have from all over the world. I plan on building up collection of things and adding to it the more I travel.

Thanks For Reading,
Love Nick




Looking for more travel related articles?
Packing lists, travel tips and last minute preparations that will get you ready and packed for your upcoming adventures!
Click Here for my College Girl's Guide To Traveling 101!




Comments

Popular Posts