My Traveling Diaires | 2018 | My Solo Roadtrip to Yellowstone

I've been keeping my eye on #61 from my Bucket List for quite some time now and it only took me half a second to decide that this year I was crossing it off. For 3 weeks I saved up a budget, ordered some gear and plotted my course for exploring one of the most iconic National Parks in United States history...


I was finished packing my car with the essentials I needed for a memorable trip to Yellowstone. I had a map, compass, camera, binoculars, food, clothing and decided to convert my jeep into a 'camper-for-one' for the weekend. I was so nervous but excited before I left the house. I downloaded a few movies, a handful of Spotify playlists and a couple of podcasts to start my 500 mile drive. Once I reached West Yellowstone, I had a quick dinner and found a place to park for bed. I was anxious to be alone in the car at night, falling asleep was not as easy as I thought it would be. I decided to call Seth to soothe my worries. His idea of helping me fall asleep was to recount the entire plot of Billy Madison from start to finish, not leaving out any of the best jokes. After a few minutes, I buried my cheeks into my pillow and I drifted off to sleep.

The next morning I woke up with the sun. I put on a fresh pair of pants, socks and my trusty NASA baseball cap and opted for a cheap breakfast at McDonald's. I checked in with Seth for the morning knowing that service in the park would be very limited. As soon as I got my pass for the park,  I'm not exaggerating when I say this... everything about the park is so beautiful that I felt like I was stopping every few minutes to snap photos of what I was seeing. Even with the cloud cover, I loved being there. The air was so clean and the smell of fresh earth was exactly what my soul was looking for. 








I had decided to head South towards Old Faithful, but not without making a few pit stops to some geyser basins! I stopped at the Fountain Paint Pots and Biscuit Basin. I never expected Yellowstone to have so many different colors. I loved walking around the boardwalks to see spouting geysers! You really can't find anything like this anywhere else, it's no wonder that people from all over the world come here.




The Red Spouter

Fountain Paint Pots

The Silex Spring








I also didn't realize how massive the park really is. I loved that I could stop and take a snack and open up the back of the jeep to enjoy the view. Taking deep breaths, listening to some music and just enjoying the great outdoors. I was about half way through the day, I knew I couldn't leave Yellowstone without heading to Old Faithful first! I hiked a quick trail surrounding the geyser, bought some souvenirs and was stopped to take pictures with a group of rambunctious Asian women!





I was able to stop at Gibbons Falls on my way up to the Canyon Falls up North near Canyon Village. A lot of trails that I wanted to go on were unfortunately closed due to snow covering the steps. I still managed to snap a few photos and made a few friends along the way.







I'm so glad that I went on this trip... to think that I would've let the fear of the unknown stop me! I recommend anyone and everyone, if you're looking to recharge your batteries or do a little soul searching, you just need to hop in the car and drive. That's all there is to it. Get out and go wherever you want to go! I'm so glad I got to spend some time in this incredible place, I don't think it could've gone any more perfect. All that's left is crossing it off my bucket list! What should I do next?


Thanks for Reading
Love, Nick

Comments

  1. Bro do you have an instagram? I loved the proposal video you guys have on youtube and you take great pics

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts