Daily Dosage | Becoming My Best Self

I think the biggest reason my favorite month is January is because it is a month that is never tainted. It comes unattached from worries, struggles, happy memories or remorseful ones. It's a chance for me to start over, to start fresh. It's the beginning of a new phase with new opportunities.  I put all my previous worries and thoughts of last year behind me, in my past where they belong.  It's my time where I get to focus on the things that really matter, rebalance my mindset and get down to what I need to do to feel important, successful and happy.

This year I want to focus on gratitude, helping others and becoming comfortable in my skin. They say when you turn 25 years old, you begin to settle into who you are, how you think and what you'll do with your life. Although I still feel like I have so much more to learn, see and do, I also need to remember that I am on my own timeline and my progress is personal. You can't ever compare your situation to someone else's, no matter if you think they are better off than you. In a world where there is a demand for information, education, physical attractiveness, being well traveled and obtaining the ultimate definition of success, it can become overwhelming and even discouraging if you think you could never reach that. If that is what you want in life, then let nothing stop you. Remember you are on your own journey. You make the rules and you make the changes. Embrace where you are in life, enjoy who you are with and always remember to love yourself. I've lived by the motto "If you feel like you're being your best self, then you're doing the right thing" for a long time. You don't need to compare yourself to anyone but you. Aim to always be your best self.



Thanks For Reading
Love, Nick







I take any chance I get to go someplace new, whether it's local or abroad, I am usually always in! I've written countless entries on all the places I've gone. If you enjoy reading about travel then check out my diaries series!





My annual post encompassing all of the good and bad from the year at a glance. Check out the most recent post celebrating the lessons learned of 2017.





Comments

Popular Posts