Things I Learned After 1 Year of Marriage


Lists are one of the things that I love to make. There's something so satisfying about visually organizing all of my ideas with bullet points, indented paragraphs and bolded words. I've been contemplating about how I want to convey my feelings towards my newly acquired job title as "wife" and the daily roles it comes with in a blog post for awhile. My husband and I just passed our one year tied together by marriage in August, and we both agree that it wasn't what we expected.

In life everyone's relationships are unique and different. I don't think anyone can really single out or define one relationship in one way. Humans are far too complicated for that. Everyone around you is constantly growing and changing, including yourself. It can range from changing your home, your hair, your job, your opinion, your religion or all of the above. All I know is that my husband has helped me grow into the person I want to become more than anyone else.

I still remember the day that he proposed to me... like it was yesterday. The moment that almost every girl thinks about, felt like an outer body experience to m. It was almost like my soul had lifted up out of my body and watched Seth bend down one knee in front of me. He made that day the most perfect day of my life, with our closest friends around us it couldn't have been any more perfect. It is and always will be one of the happiest memories I have.

After months of planning for our big day, we were finally done. We made promises and shared kisses and we sealed the deal. It would be just the two of us for, well forever actually! We became a family of two that day. Even though we're both pretty different people, we have a lot of similarities as well. No matter the argument, we always seem to work things out. We tickle each other and tease each other; we've butted heads and argued over very weird things. He's held back my hair as I spew colors in the toilet from a bad night of food poisoning and I've held his hand in the at the hospital for a late night trip ER while he was passing kidney stones (I also brought his phone charger to the hospital that night #WifeOfTheYear am I right?) You and your spouse may not be able to agree on a lot of things, but that's okay. Problem solving will be your number one tool when you enter married life. When it all comes down to it... we love each other, we look out for each other and we're there for each other, no matter what.

It has been proven that relationships are one of the biggest driver for happiness in our lives. The strong relationships that we make, breathe the very life into our every day. You learn a lot from the people that you interact and associate with. Make sure you find good people. Find people who will love you and support you. Find the people who you can be yourself around and make you a better person. All in all, marriage has been pretty crazy change but it's worth it. I'll always have someone to cry with to laugh with and to debate with. Life already comes ready with it's up's and downs, but you can always find joy in those moments. Also, If you think about it, he legally has to be my best friend... so it's a really good thing that I like him.


Thanks for Reading
Love, Nick



Comments

Popular Posts