My Wedding | Being A Bride


The moment was unexpected... but that's the best part. 
I wasn't anticipating a proposal anytime soon, but he did it in the most perfect way

When I became a bride, I felt this immediate shift in perspective. I felt like I had just walked through a door into a long blank hallway. There were no photos or paintings, just long white walls. The door I just came through represented my childhood, my college years and everything in between. I could see every memory  like bubbles suspended in time. I could see myself riding my bike, performing in a show, and learning how to drive stick shift. 

I shifted my weight towards the door at the end of the hallway. That was my next destination. I turn around and begin a slow pace down the hall. The memories follow along at my heels, keeping a steady pattern behind me. This new door is somewhere I've never been. I don't know what's past that, I don't know what it'll be like. It's a door into my future. It's the door to my future. What an emotional walk it was. I questioned, I imagined, I dreamed and I wondered of everything that has yet to come. Some steps where overwhelming, but some steps made me calm. I reached for that final handle and turned it. I opened it up with a smiling face,an open heart and immediately felt at home again.

This is my best way I can explain what it felt like; and I knew from the moment I met him, that he would be someone I could never let go of. He's my best friend, my mechanic, my handy-man and biggest fan. 

Everything in life that is difficult is worth it...
and you know that through love, you can make it through everything

Comments

Popular Posts