My Traveling Diaries | Adventures in Utah - Chapter 1

Over the past few months, I've been able to take quick trips to some of my favorite spots (including some new ones) all over Utah! Being a Utah native, I have a deep love for the vast mountains, the tall green trees and I am consistently loving this state more and more. I think it's important to appreciate where you're from. A little hometown pride never hurt anyone. You don't have to have to go to exotic places millions of miles away just to experience something new. You also don't need a lot of money to travel, you just have to get out and decide to do it!

After my recent move, I've been able to explore the new places around my new home. I can't complain being so close to Deer Creek State Park, a great nearby place to cool off during the summer and go boating, and this year is the year that I finally did something I've always wanted to do... Wake Surf!!! I have tried getting up on the board so many times, and a few days ago, I finally made it. It's so much fun and I can't wait to get better at it!



I had heard my friends talking about Maple Canyon and how amazing it was, but I didn't understand that fully until I experienced it for myself. People come from all over the world just to climb here. There are only a handful of places that have such unique cobblestone rock. People were everywhere, climbing, hiking and chatting away. I'm still a beginner climber, but there's only one way to keep getting better at something and that is to keep going and keep practicing!






My fiancé does a lot of traveling for work, and this time around, I had a chance to tag a long with him on a quick trip down to St. George. Once all the work was taken care of, we were able to squeeze in a quick rock climbing session the night we got there. My favorite thing about southern Utah is the beautiful red rocks paired with that clear blue sky. To me, nothing is better than this. I had never been to Sand Hollow State Park until this trip. The lake is incredible. A playground of rocks surrounded by blue/green water. People cliff jumping, paddle boarding, and boating all around. Lizards would scatter across the tops of the rocks and crawl into cracks for shade. It was a quick 24 hour trip, but I hope to visit here again!







One of my favorite places where I always have good memories is Lake Powell, or as I like to call it, the Lake of Love. A very unique lake (it's actually a reservoir) that has so many hidden gems, that there's usually something new to explore. Places perfect for cliff jumping and climbing around on the rock, it's the best during those hot days to jump in to the water and cool off. Everyone loves coming to Lake Powell, I would almost call it the "Las Vegas" of Utah. 

The weather was off-and-on which made being a part of the video shoot a little more difficult. Could you imagine 5 centurion boats and 3 wake surf champions all in one trip? It's all thanks to Seth, my fiancĂ© and Team Super Tramp. I love that he is able to share his creativity and do something that he loves. 

Get outdoors and explore something new. It can be in your own backyard! No matter where you go, you will always find people that you may or may not like, or things that drive you crazy or make you want to stay; but, the truth is, it doesn't matter where you are, just as long as you make the best of where you are and are looking forward with a postive attitude. I believe life will be as happy as you make it. 





Thanks for Reading!
Love, Nick

I've compiled a list of things that every traveler should know. What to pack on flights, checklists when you head out of the country and so much more! You can also check out 'My Traveling Diaries' and read about other places I've been!

Comments

Popular Posts