My Traveling Diaries - The 2004 Trip To The East Coast

I was only 10 years old when I took this trip! It was the gift my parents gave my oldest sister for graduating high school! It was so long ago and I wish I remembered more of it, but it was so much fun. Here are the memories...


This was my first time ever being on a plane. The first ride was not my most shining moment, but after the first one, the rest were a breeze. I knew that I wanted to travel as often as I could after this trip. I'm pretty sure my sisters and I fought who got the window seat. I remember getting the window seat at least once! 


New York was wildly busy! It was huge!!! I was in awe just looking up at the giant buildings and monuments. That's something I love about the east coast, it is rich with our country's history. 


This is the St. Peter's in New York. The moment we stepped into this church it was like the entire city was gone. It was absolutely beautiful inside. I had never been in such a gorgeous building. We walked in and you could barely hear the car horns and loud noises from outside. It was very peaceful.



One of the days we were in NY, we took a ferry ride to go see the Statue Of Liberty.


And she was magnificent!  


This is the Iwo Jima monument in Washington D.C. My Father is a big history buff and I had remembered seeing this monument in photos in plenty of books for school. It was much bigger than I anticipated, but it was still a very meaningful part of the trip! 


This is the World War 2 Memorial in Washington D.C. 


 Yes, I am the tiniest one in the photo rocking the fanny pack! 


The infamous Washington Monument in D.C.


We also went to Independence Hall Philadelphia! 




Comments

Popular Posts