Manila Diary | Week Ten | My Dr. Suess Poem

Not much has happened this week, but I did write this poem! I decided to channel my inner Dr. Suess for this one. Sorry for the lameness, but hey, I'm just getting more and more excited about being home soon. Only 3 weeks left!

I could sit and dream for hours if I wanted. 
I could sit and smile ll day if I'm honest. 
More than once this thought has occurred to me; 
I'm guessing it's called freedom, escape or epiphany.

They say that to travel is to discover you. 
Some bigger meaning or some task to do. 
You take roads less traveled and discover your own. 
Different people different ideas, that's where you start to grow.

But I have to disagree with only one part.
It's that you were you always you from the very start.
It takes us awhile to accept or really feel, 
like we can finally be the someone we no longer conceal

Don't let it take too long, just embrace and enjoy it all here.
Find people who will love you, protect you, even if you are weird.
But they already know that, no need to waste time!
Just remember that you're you and your one of a kind.


Thanks for Reading!
Love, Nick

CLICK HERE for MY TRIP TO PALAWAN   >>>   CLICK HERE to read WEEK ELEVEN

Comments

Popular Posts