A favorite childhood memory...


Whenever the news broke that my Aunt was coming to visit as a kid, I'd readily start counting down the days. I idolized (still idolize) my Aunt. I always felt like she was one of the most beautiful, fashion forward, iconic woman I'd ever known. It was only a few times a year that I could see her so it felt like a special time when I she came into town. One of our favorite things to do together was to do full on makeovers. I'd sit on the kitchen countertop while she would describe each product she was using and apply it my face. My least favorite part was mascara, but I knew at that step we were almost finished! She made me feel like a beautiful super star and we'd hold our own photoshoot around the house. I perfected my own version of "model face" at a very young age. We always had so much fun together talking and playing around. I hated taking the makeup off because we'd be scrubbing and stripping that stuff off with makeup remover. I remember one time crying from the sting in my eyes. Once my face was red and bare, she just held me while the pain wore off. Those are some of my favorite memories with my Aunt. 

Comments

Popular Posts