Morning Journaling | The Next 5 Years



It's been a while since I've just been able to sit down and write. Among working 40 hours a week, folding laundry, attempt cooking, road trips, vacations and parties, it's been a pretty wild few months so far. After deciding that getting into a house should be our next goal as a married couple, we weren't anticipating building a house of our own! We're so ecstatic about it and can't wait to have a place where we can invite our friends and family over! Every one will actually have somewhere to sit! There are many questions that I could start out this "Morning Journaling" series, but I figured a plain and simple life update could suffice.

My biggest hope and goal to be completed within 5 years would be to have written my first book.  It doesn't necessarily have to be published or even good really, but that I finally started and finished one of my stories. It's been one of the longest running dreams I've had ever since I was little. I have notebooks and files on my computer with multiple story lines and character ideas, that I just need to stop just planning and start writing. 

I've also made a goal that I go somewhere new at least once a year. I would love to have traveled to at least 3 new countries within the next couple years. I told Seth that he has to take me on a backpacking trip to Europe before we even start thinking about maybe having kids.

I'd really love to develop a few new skills and hobbies. Sometimes you forget that you are allowed to take time for yourself and do something just for you! It's really nice to have alone time as well and just let your mind wander while you draw, sketch, paint, hike or lounge.

As of late, I've been paying a lot more attention to what I eat and how I take care of myself. One thing that I really hope to accomplish is to reach a daily healthy lifestyle and to do Yoga everyday. In all honesty, I deal with a lot of anxiety and depressive emotions that I've had ever since I was in high school. It's a daily thing I work on, and yoga has been one of those things that have really helped relax my mind and energize my body. I want to get in the swing of doing it every day.

I also just need to write more. All the time really. Sometimes the best kind of writing is just sitting down and letting your fingers dance over the keyboard. Writing has always been a release for me; a way for me to sort out my feelings and thoughts and it's helped me make some big decisions in my life. It's one of the reasons I even started this blog!

All in all, I hope that I'll be happy, healthy and with the ones I love most. I've realized that it's not a competition of where you go, what you do and how you live. The most important thing is who you are and how you treat people. Don't let worldly things get in the way of how you treat people or how you even view yourself.



Thanks for Reading
Love, Nick



Comments

Popular Posts