Manila Diary | Week Thirteen | Goodbye Manila!

Dear Manila,

Our time has finally come to an end. The past 3 months were nothing like I thought it was going to be. I had no idea what expect when I arrived, but I am leaving with a new understand, a new sense of self with memories that will last me the rest of my life. I have realized the person that I am, and what I aspire to be. 

Filipinos are generous, friendly and the kind of people that love to laugh. I am in awe at the kindness I saw from the people I met. The work was difficult and at times very straining, but I did my best to teach the women I met, did anything I could to help improve their life, give them guidance and help them with their goals. 

I feel so blessed to have explored the islands of the Philippines and see so many beautiful things. It is rich with history, religion, and culture. Manila is a melting pot of cultural influences from America and Asia. Our time together was very short, but I know that this place will always hold these memories for me, the good and the bad. I can say though... it has made me a better person. 



All good things must come to an end!
Thanks for Reading
Love, Nick

Read This Next!

Comments

Popular Posts