How To Pack 3 Months Into 1 Suitcase

There's a few things that you should consider before you leave for such a big trip. If it's outside the country, understand the currency and get familiar with what they use. While you're packing ask yourself, what's the climate going to be like? You can always bring a small phrasebook to pick up onto some of the language, otherwise, translators will be your best bet. 

How in the world am I supposed to fit 3 months of supplies into one suitcase? I wanted to actually buy most of what I needed here, just to save on some cash. I had to really think about my list and make sure that everything I was bringing was something I absolutely needed. (If you see anything highlighted in purple, that means that this item is already packed in my carry on)


Alright, this list honestly took me awhile, and this list is unique to my own trip. Since I'll be going on an internship for teaching, I'll actually have teaching supplies also, but I'll keep this list as simple as possible! Alright, here it is! So first things first, your closet! Manila is going to be very warm, so I'll need a lot of breathable and loose clothing...

CLOTHING
  • 2 Swimsuits
  • 3 Shorts
  • 8 Shirts
  • 12 Socks
  • 12 Underwear
  • 2 Bras
  • 1 Sweatshirt
  • 1 Pair of leggings (comfort)
  • 1 Jean (just in case)
  • 2 Tank Tops
  • Pajamas
  • Sneakers
  • Sandals
  • White Converse
  • Beanie
  • My Fav Snapback
  • 1 Belt
  • 1 Dress
Due to the fact that I will be there for a long time, I decided to go ahead and buy all the beauty and skin products I'll need now. Just kind of makes life a little simpler for me, and in the long run cheaper. (If you notice in this list, I didn't include a hair blow dryer or curling iron. I'm going all natural when I'm down there, it's a personal choice!)

HYGIENE
  • 2 Bottles of Contact Solution
  • Hydrogen Peroxide Contact Cleaner
  • Contact Case
  • Glasses
  • Glasses Case
  • Glasses Cleaning Kit
  • Eye Drops
  • 2 Shampoos + 2 Conditioners
  • Small Hairspray
  • Small Spray Bottle
  • Curling Gel
  • Hair Ties + Bobby Pins
  • Brush + Wide Tooth Comb + Smaller Comb
  • 2 Face Washes
  • Astringent
  • 2 Moisturizers
  • 2 Toothpastes
  • Toothbrush 
  • Floss
  • Shaving Cream
  • Shaver (+ batteries if a bikini trimmer)
  • Shaver heads
  • Sunscreen
  • Tanning Oil
  • Lotion
  • 2 Deodorants
  • 1 Body Wash Bar
  • Loufah
  • Baby Powder
  • Vaseline
  • Icy Hot
  • Rash Cream
  • Bug Repellent
  • Q Tips
  • Cotton Balls
  • Nail Clippers
  • Tweezers
  • Nail File
  • Nail Care Cube
  • Tampons + Panti-Liners
  • 2 Big Towels + 1 Washcloth
MAKE UP
  • Foundation + BB Cream
  • Concealer
  • Powder
  • Eye Shadow Palette
  • Mascara
  • Eyebrow Pencil
  • Pencil Sharpener
  • Lip Gloss
  • Brushes/Applicators
MISCELLANEOUS
  • Sewing Kit + Safety Pins
  • Vitamins + Prescription Medication
  • Envelopes + Paper
  • Laundry Detergent + Dryer Sheets
  • Laundry Bag
  • Matches 
  • Scissors
  • Tape 
  • Stapler
  • White Board Markers + Eraser
  • Notebook
  • Pens + Pencils + Eraser + Sharpie
  • Batteries, if needed
  • Bag (for teaching and everyday use)
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
  • Before you reach the airport... Know what the limit for carry on bags and checked bags are. I know that my limit is 50 lbs for checked bags and there is a certain size limit. If you go over in weight or size, you might have to pay an extra fee to have your bag checked, so pick out a suitcase that you won't have to worry about. Also, understand what can and can not go in your checked bags.
  • Put a quality luggage tag on... I bought some for this trip just to make sure that it would be good quality and not break off. Also, you could tie a colored scarf around the handle, to help finding your suitcase at baggage claim a little easier!

Are you curious about what I'm taking in my carry on?
Click here for my complete list!

I hope that you found this post useful!

Thanks for reading!
Love, Nick

Want to see more of my trip to the Philippines?!

Follow my instagram @iamnicolecara 
Look for the hashtag #NicoleGoesToThePhilippines
You can also read more on my blog! Look under "What To Read" to find more!

Comments

Popular Posts