Daily Dosage | Chapter 21

When you reflect on a year that has gone by, you see everything as if it were a blink of an eye. I always love reminiscing on wonderful memories I have, and look back at all of the things that I have accomplished. My 21st year was similar to others. Plenty of great moments, some low moments, but I'm proud to say mostly good. There are a few things that I've learned...

I've learned that friendship can be just as complicated and strange as a relationship. But the ones that really matter, are the ones that are simple. Being a good friend means that you are capable of relying on each other and being able to put trust in someone. Being a good friend means that you can depend on that person to keep their word. Being a good friend means that you can get together and have fun and not bring up hurtful past memories, but being able to move forward in life and understand the joy there is around you. Last but not least, friends can pick up right where they left off. You don't have to be around each other 24/7, you are both secure enough to understand the busy schedules of our lives won't always match up, but in no way does that make you care about the person any less.

I've learned that love is becoming more of a "matter-of-fact" kind of thing. It's a little difficult for me to try and explain that, but I will do my best. I really mean that when you know you're not really going to go anywhere with someone, tell them. There is absolutely no reason to keep going on. If you know, then be done with it. I've been on both sides of this equation within the past year. Both sides are not fun. Having someone say that they can't be with you really does suck. But at the same, I am happy that that happened. I wouldn't know the people that I know now if I were still stuck in that "half-ass" relationship. I'm glad that it happened, because it made me stronger and better. 

I've learned that I'm capable of a lot more then I think. This internship has been the one of the few things that have just been consuming my daily thoughts. I dream of what Manila will look like, how the people will interact with me, and the complete unknown of the future that both scares me but excites me. I've learned that I've needed to hold myself higher, to not settle for something less. I am doing this internship completely 100% for me. No one else. This is chance for me to prove to myself that I can do anything. Anything at all. 

I have exactly 21 days until I leave for Manila. There is so much more left to prepare for and have in order before I go. But I will say this...
Chapter 22 of my life, is sure getting an incredible start.


Comments

Popular Posts