Daily Dosage | Climbing, Exploring, and Time With Friends

I guess some people call this an "Instagram-Round-Up" of some of the most recent pictures I've taken. These past few days have been a lot of fun packed with tons of stuff I've been doing. I've really tried to make sure I make time to play just as hard as I work.


Driving 2 hours and 19 minutes for these guys is so worth every second. I feel lucky to have met such a unique and genuine group of people only a few months ago. In a lot of different ways, I've already learned a number of different things from them. It's so important to have people in your life that really care about you. I mean really care about you and your well being. People that you can be yourself around and not have to impress or work hard for their appreciation. They love you for who you are. They welcome you with open arms and make you feel like you are on top of the world. These guys bring so much happiness into my life, and I don't think they even know it yet.


The nearest city is Salt Lake City; it's always a treat if I get to go visit that beautiful place for a day. That's something I love to go and do. There are plenty of shops, restaurants, bars or landmarks that I haven't been to yet, it's always the most fun to go and explore that place. This trip was spent with someone new and our first stop was at the Utah State Capitol. That building was gorgeous. The ceilings were painted with beautiful murals, marble staircases with golden fixtures. There were a surprising number of Asian visitors, fully equipped with selfie sticks.

We went to a belgium waffle place down by the park. I got a waffle stuffed with dark chocolate topped with strawberries and whip cream. It was incredibly delicious. We sat in the sunshine on a table outside. I loved listening to the buzzing humans with their iced coffees and stories from last night. The little tiny birds that would flutter down by our feet begging for a taste of waffle. It's such a clean city; I love the sound of everyone.


I've been dying to get out and climb ever since my surgery, luckily I have a friend from high school who is an excellent climber. I didn't get into actual rock climbing until this year. I prefer outside rock climbing instead of in a building, there's just something that's more appealing to me. There is a scenic canyon where we get a lot of travelers passing through, and I always hear from everyone how gorgeous they think it is. I adore going through the canyon. Now with this new hobby, I get to explore places I've never been before and climb! There's something about climbing that's all about you getting out of your head. It's just you and the rock, making your way to the top. I'll tell you one thing, my favorite is reaching the top.

I actually used to be really afraid of heights. Ever since I went canyoneering in Moab, I got that thrill from the 100 ft cliff; but I was safe, secure, and had someone there that wasn't going to let anything happen to me. After a while, the height doesn't scare me. I like being that high up, overlooking the trees and seeing the road. I feel alone and free in the best way possible. It's exhilarating! 


Comments

Popular Posts