Grab Your Passport... I'm Going On An Adventure!


I guess I could take a moment to publicly announce some very, very exciting news! I am lucky enough to be involved with Utah State University's SEED Internship this year! So, I am headed to the PHILIPPINES for 3 months by the end of 2015! This opportunity couldn't have come at a better time in my life and I am so incredibly lucky to be a part of this. Small Enterprise Education and Development is a program for students to travel to different countries and give people real business opportunities, to mentor them, and guide them, and ultimately help them succeed. 


I was very interested in this internship and was considering applying in the future. But, when opportunity comes knocking, I had to jump and go for it. I have never been outside the borders and I have never traveled alone this far. I've met my team and I can tell that these are some incredible people that are just as enthusiastic as I am. The thing that is amazing about SEED is that it's open to all majors! They teach you what you will teach the people in your country, so you are well prepared before you go.My leave date is September 14, and I'll more than likely be back around that same time in December. 

This is what I want to do with my life. 
I want to write, I want to travel, and I want to help people. 
I can't believe I get the chance to do it now at such a young age. These next few months of preparing will be worth it! I can't wait to see what's out there!
#NicoleGoesToThePhilippines

Cool Fact:  When the Philippines flag is displayed horizontal, like it's on a flag pole, when the blue stip is up, it's displayed during a time of peace. When the red strip is up, it's a time of war. 

Comments

Popular Posts