Daily Dosage | I Have Never Felt More Free...



I have never felt more free. Today I felt so free. 

I look back at my past, not even believing how much has happened and changed only within 2 years. I've come full circle. All the heartaches, struggles, triumphs, and accomplishments, it's been.... amazing.

I am a completely different person than I was in High School, and if you ask me, I'm better than I was. I have learned so much about myself and who matters me to me. I've met all sorts of people, people with open and welcoming arms that I clung to so quickly. People that have shaped my life and was apart of theirs.

I learned a whole new level of love for someone, and still remember how that feels. I learned that someone that could go through so much more than me, feel like nothing, could bounce back and get life back on track. A friend overcoming a terrible sickness that could've taken her life, that she is alive and she is here. I learned that there are people in your life put for a reason, but they might just be there to teach you something, and then end up leaving before you know it. I learned that friendships should be cherished, loyal, and dependable; and that you'll find some when you least expect it.

My past will never define me. Who you are, and who you want to be are vital to life. No one can/should ever make you feel less than a human. For one night, I knew what it felt like to feel less like a human. No one should ever feel that. People make mistakes. Forgive people, and understand that there are different people all around us.

It's kind of weird to say, but I'm proud of myself. I'm proud of who I am and what I stand for. I'm proud of what I've accomplished. I can't wait til after I graduate college to see what direction I'm headed next, hopefully it's east. But for now, I love my little town. It's still and chilly nights where I can drive out to the canyon and gaze up at the stars, surrounded by nothing but tall grass and trees. That is where I am happy. That is where I can breathe and think... everything will always be okay.



Comments

Popular Posts