Traveling is one of the most rewarding and most fulfilling thing someone can do in life. Exploring the world and everything it has to offer is something we should all strive to do! Sometimes we get so caught up with the tours, the sight seeing, and the business of a vacation that we usually forget...we're on vacation.
So here are 5 things you can do to get the most out of anywhere you go. Something special and unique that will make the experience more memorable.
Watch the Sunrise
Waking up early, throwing on your comfy clothes and setting out somewhere to go watch the sunrise can be very relaxing. Bring a long a loved one and be able to enjoy the stillness and serenity of the morning. This is one of my favorite things to do either way, so why not try it in a new location! All sunrises and sunsets are different from another, and each is special, that's what my grandfather always says.
Explore the City
I simply enjoy walking around places and taking pictures. Pictures of people, old buildings, historic landmarks, or anything really! Go to a coffee shop and chat it up with people. See where they are from and make new friends, that'll make for a great memory
Find the Free Things To Do
There's almost always free things to do around a town or city. Whether it's a tour of an old building, taste testing certain ice cream shops, or finding a breathtaking scenic look out, it'll be free! And speaking of a scenic look out...
Get On Top...
Find the highest point and either drive or hike up to it. Maybe it's over looking the city, or the forests or anywhere. It can truly be anywhere you want. Find a lookout and take a photo there. My best friend and I do this all the time, for every new place we discover. It's always fun and can make for a majestic photo.
Make A Keepsake
If you are big into traveling, you always want to have a piece of a memory. Here are some ideas...
- Memory Jar - Clean out an old mason jar or any glass jar and put all of the trinkets, ticket stubs, or anything else in that jar. Label it with where you were and the year. These are fun to collect and put on display.
- Photo Boxes - Take as many pictures as you can on vacation and when you get back, print them off a place them in a box. It's fun to thumb through pictures and memories. Put the date and a small caption for each one on the back of them.
- Antique Stores - the best part about antique stores is that it all comes from local people. You can find amazing things at antique stores!. Find something abstract, random, beautiful or whatever you want, and that could be like a souvenir.
- Collect Something - Speaking of souvenirs...If you travel a lot, a fun idea would be to get the same thing everywhere you go. Some ideas could be a postcard, jewelry, maps, mugs, stickers, or anything else you can think of!
- Make a Time Capsule - This would be fun! Whether you plan on going back or not, make a time capsule. Put anything in it! A little letter about you and where you are from. Keepsakes or things you'd like to leave in that place. Find a quiet place and bury it. Someone will have the joy of digging up buried treasure, and finding it, so leave something that would make someone happy
What's your favorite part about traveling?
Thanks for Reading