What qualities do you admire in others?


Confidence has been something that I always struggled with during high school and sometimes even now. I am drawn to the people that radiate warmth and courage. They embrace everything that makes up who they are. I admire the people that can speak freely and openly all the while showing respect for others' opinions and views.

The people that have a healthy sense of adventure and always know to have a good time are so much fun to be around. I appreciate people who love to try new things, get out of their comfort zone and understand the art of going with the flow. Adventurous people always seem to have the best stories too. The kind of people that you can sit around campfire listening to their crazy and wild stories one by one and imagining yourself living vicariously through those stories.

I also really admire people that know how to truly connect with others. And I mean really connect on a deep, intimate and personal level. Someone who knows how to empathize with you or administer tough love if it's needed. During some of your lowest points, they'll be the ones to reach out and check in. These kinds of people will always be honest with you no matter what. They understand that being honest with you is the best thing that anyone could ever offer you.

After writing this out, I realize that all of these traits are things that I want to have. Some of these traits may come easier than others, but that's all about the human process. Growing, learning and discovering what works and what doesn't. 


Comments

Popular Posts