What piece of advice would you have given yourself at the beginning of last year?

The truth is, I don't think I would have spoiled any of the events of 2020 to myself if I had the chance. I wouldn't have experienced the hardships that taught me necessary and valuable lessons.  I agree that almost everything about last year sucked... But, the advice I would've given myself was in book I recently finished. 

If there is one thing that no one can ever take away from you... 
is your ability to choose your reaction to whatever circumstance you are in. 

I didn't want to plant myself in feelings of being upset, overwhelmed, sad, angry, helpless or hopeless. I had to figure out a way to pick myself back up and keep going, living my life and choosing every day how I wanted to show up. I try my best to be someone who aims to look for things to be positive and grateful for. I try to make decisions that help people and not hurt people. I firmly believe that all of us are trying to do our best every day and that every day is a chance to learn and grow as individuals. 

Comments

Popular Posts