What makes you feel powerful?


There are a few party tricks that I keep in my pocket on days that I feel boring, dull or unmotivated. Taking a complete pampering shower by washing my hair, exfoliating and shaving can at least give me the feeling of a clean slate. I'll apply a favorite lotion, wash my face and put on makeup paired with a powerful sexy lipstick color to give me a boost in confidence. I also find that dressing up in something I wouldn't normally wear can put me in a more creative space as well as push the boundaries of my comfort zone. It's fun to switch up my everyday style, for me it shifts my mindset. 

Creating to do lists can offer an organized and ready-to-go sort of feeling but for me it's all about actually checking things off of the to do list that really gives me a sense of accomplishment. Making final decisions makes feel capable and certain of myself. I can spend so much time contemplating every possibility and what if's about a situation that when I finalize what I'm going to do, I go with it and move forward. On the days that I speak up and share my opinion are when I boldly and proudly step into who I am and the power I have. The best way to understand and learn is to be open, ask questions and share experiences. I try my best to remain as open minded as possible to others' opinions and ways of thinking.

On occasion when I've reached a creative block I can't seem to break there are a few activities I lean towards. Meditating, stretching or seeking out a quick yoga flow allows my mind to reset and realign itself with what matters in that moment and what needs to happen next. Another way I reset creativity is reading a book, magazine article or current event and take a break from my own inner dialogue to read another. As a writer, I believe it's important for me to be familiar with different voices and styles of storytelling. I'm also a big fan of grabbing my headphones and researching new podcasts to listen to for all sorts of information. 

Comments

Popular Posts