What gets you up in the morning?

The Smell of Coffee >>>
The process of brewing a cup of coffee is the part of my morning routine that I look forward to the most. I'm feel similar to Ron Swanson's opinions in the fact that I too believe breakfast food is the best kind of food. I love making a big warm breakfast for myself most mornings. Saturdays and Sundays are for cinnamon rolls and breakfast in bed. It's something I look forward to doing on the weekends. 

Crazy Dreams >>>
It doesn't happen very often, but If I'm ever jolted awake from a strange dream I hurry over to my computer and type out as much as I can remember. It is said that dreams stem from your subconscious desires or stresses, so I love looking up any symbolic meanings of what I dreamt about. 

Early Flights >>>
Actually, this might fit better as something that would keep me up at night, but nonetheless early flights make getting up early a necessity. I've been on airplanes at all sorts of times during the day, but even the red eye flights can be enjoyable. If you're functional enough to be awake to catch the sunrise above the clouds thousands of feet in the air, then it makes those early morning flights totally worth it.

Early Morning Hikes >>>
No matter what time of year it is, the earliest of mornings seem to be so incredibly cold! Dragging myself out of bed, pulling up sweatpants and lacing up my boots has always been worth it for an early morning hike. Last year I hiked often during the mornings and the best days that I ever had always started on the trail. Moving my body, breathing fresh mountain air and countless views from wildlife to wildflowers, I love starting my days out surrounded by nature.

The Eerie Quietness >>>
Have you gone outside when it's still stuck in the dark morning? You feel like the entire world is completely still, steady, almost like it's not even breathing. Late nights have a sort of unwinding and relaxing lull about them, but early mornings feel like a suspension in time and are eerily beautiful. The effect can be the same though. Its great for meditating and intention setting and taking a break for yourself by yourself and enjoying the safety of peace and quiet. 

Comments

Popular Posts