What does being successful look like to you?

Success doesn't have one single definition that fits with everyone. The truth is that there are multiple ways that success can be defined. It is also completely up to the person defining it. Success looks, feels, sounds and presents itself in many different ways. There are also little, big, daily, yearly or even drawn out successes that are experienced throughout one's life.

To stay on track (and not to get too preachy or philosophical), I believe that success and happiness go hand in hand. The bigger successes like passing a class, winning an award, making a great sale or maybe a job promotion are exciting and absolutely worth celebrating. I also believe in the importance of small successes, like getting out of bed, choosing to follow through, choosing to show up and challenging yourself out of your comfort zone or bad habits. Those shouldn't go unnoticed or unappreciated.

There is a quote found in the 1983 movie classic called Mr. Mom starring Michael Keaton. I can picture me and my sisters watching this movie in the basement on a Saturday afternoon. My family has fully embraced this quote into our core beliefs and we often use it on each other as a good reminder of what's really important...

It's easy to forget the little things... so don't

There is far too much to experience in this world to get caught up with how much or how little of something we may have. I choose to be happy with what I have, where I'm at and what I can work towards that can give me and my family a better life and make me a happier companion. That's the real point of all this right? Do what lights you up and make you excited and happy! How could anyone not feel successful for pursuing pure joy?

Comments

Popular Posts