Pick anyone, dead or alive, to take out on a coffee date...

Jim Carrey. He is someone who has been around since my childhood and someone whom I've really grown to respect. He seems like a kind, genuine, stand up guy that has his head on straight and willingly speaks his mind. he's made me laugh throughout decades of his incredible comedies and characters, but he's also moved me all the same. Usually if I am looking for some motivation, I'll search for one of his speeches. There is something about his voice and demeanor that is tender, soothing and allows you to feel understood.

The truth is that he actually doesn't drink coffee, so I would let him pick where we would go that best suit him. I'd also hope we'd be able to have outdoor seating so we could be under sunshine either in the early summer or late fall. I'd grab the bill of course, knowing me I'll want to add some sort of pastry to the conversation as well. I'd try my best to ask him insightful questions and maybe even throw a few deeper     questions into the mix, but I think it'd be better to let the conversation flow naturally. Once we'd say goodbye, I'd take my time to grab the perfect souvenir cup from the shop before leaving. Overall, I think it would be a really good morning spent with a pretty inspiring person.

Comments

Popular Posts