My 2019 Goals

It's another year with another set of goals. 
Do you know what I'm doing to help myself actually accomplish these goals? I'm creating a 'goal jar'! Here's how it works... I've got sub goals (things like walking the dogs, running, yoga, taking supplements, etc) that will have an attached price. My jar will be placed on my night stand and whenever I accomplish a goal I will "pay myself" that day! At the end of each month, I'll be able to take that money out and use it on myself! I'm excited to experiment and see how well I do, but for now here are a few big goals that I am hoping to achieve in 2019!



<Restart Daily Journaling>
I used to be an avid journal writer. I have books filled with entries that date back to as early as when I was 8 years-old. I loved reading about what my angsty little mind was going through when I was growing up. I want to start that up this year again because I want to be able to remember all of the good moments of my life and leave a story for future generations that is worth reading.

<Develop Daily Routines>
The biggest thing that I want to incorporate in 2019 is getting on a schedule. I have so many things that I want to accomplish, that I've got to keep track of everything in a more organized way. Usually my most productive days are when I plan them out hour by hour. Does that sound boring and very tedious? Of course it does, but I've spent many hours wasting time that I could've been doing something more productive, but not this year!

<No More Snooze Button>
Seth will appreciate this one. I am guilty of setting 6 different alarms in the morning and usually waking up around the 5th one. In order for this one to work, I need to make sure that I'm allowing my body to get enough rest and getting to bed early enough that waking up won't be so difficult.

<Less Screen Time>
I think this is a general goal that is great for everyone. Be more present! Don't let your phones consume your time with pointless entertainment. Go do something worth while!

<Find a Healthy Hobby>
Near the end of this year I really started struggling with keeping my head on straight. I think I need to find a new hobby that can occupy my time where I can commit a couple hours a week to help me release any anger or stress that is getting bottled up in my body.

<Travel Somewhere I've Never Been Before>
This is a yearly tradition! This will always be on my goal list! I think there is a good chance that I'll be crossing it off later this year... somewhere like Mexico?

<Cross Something Off My Buckets List>
This is also a yearly tradition! The more I cross of the merrier! Maybe I'll go on a hot air balloon ride, swim with sharks or what about a humanitarian trip? (Click here to see my full Bucket List)

<Use Less Plastic>
Buying local, buying in bulk, there are countless ways that I could improve on this and I feel like if I can accomplish it if I take the time to plan accordingly and choose to make those options. I wrote a post last year that could be a pretty good reference for me about 80 Ways To Help The Environment.

<Read 12 Books>
1 book a month, simple as that! I've already got a couple of books queued and ready to go!



What are some of your 2019 resolutions?
Thanks for Reading!
Love, Nick


Comments

Popular Posts