My Traveling Diaries | 2018 | Boise, Idaho, USA | UFC Fight Night

I have no idea what it is about the UFC, but I can't get enough of it. I'm not sure if it just stems from the time I was bonding with my Dad over the entire Rocky series together when I was younger, but wow something about those fights are exhilarating!


We arrived in Boise around 3:00 on Saturday. We checked in at the Courtyard by Marriott hotel. We grabbed an early dinner at the Taphouse pub before heading to the fights. It was the same weekend as the Boise Comic Con, so the fact that Wookies, Storm Troopers and anime characters were walking by was pretty normal! Every now and then we would hear hoots and hollers from Boise Bike Bars, which is essentially a bar on wheels. People singing and waving to onlookers as they rode by drinking beer while pedaling a 7 man bike.

After dinner, we had made it just in time for the pre-lim fights. Everybody's eyes were glued to the cage watching every calculated move of the fighters. We waited in line to grab a few drinks and then searched for our seats. Match after match, we would pick the athlete we thought would win and decide after each round who fought better. The only downside of the night was that it was ridiculously hot with zero chance of cooling down, and yet the energy and excitement of the crowd and fighters made the entire night worth it! It was so much fun to see some favorite fighters (like Chad Mendez) bring home the win. We capped off the night with some late night Mexican food at The Matador.



The next morning we planned to grab breakfast at the Juniper on 8th, an industrial, hipster and timey kitchen and bar that serves delicious breakfast and lunch. We meandered around downtown to find the Freak Alley Gallery and look at beautiful local art painted on the sides of buildings. We walked through a few furniture stores and boutique shops selling succulents, jewelry, books and handcrafted letters.











We packed our things up back at the hotel and were getting ready for the drive back to the Utah when we ran into Urijah Faber at the hotel. Seth knows how big of a fan I am of him, and also the fact that I have a huge crush on him...he asked if I could snag a picture with him. It was so cool to meet the guy that I'll usually watch his own highlight footage of over and over!


On the drive back home we made a few scenic stops along the way. We walked along a bridge crossing Snake River and drove to Shoshone Falls which is actually 36 feet higher than Niagara Falls and is considered one of the largest natural waterfalls in the United States!





Not only did I get to cross "Attend A UFC Fight" off my Bucket List, but I made some incredible memories with great friends. I really love coming to Boise, it's such a cool place that often gets overlooked. There is always so much to do there and I can't wait to get back!
By the way, did I mention I met Urijah Faber?


Thanks For Reading
Love, Nick

Comments

Popular Posts