Daily Dosage | #BreakTheStigma

What is mental health? Does it mean anything to you? Is it something you struggle with? Is it something you don't understand? Do you wonder if it's real? What is the stigma behind mental health? I'd rather ask why is there a stigma behind mental health...

In my opinion, the importance of mental and physical health should be viewed equally and agreed as completely inseparable. Over the past few years, media outlets and social platforms have challenged the world's views and stereotypes behind depression, anxiety, personality disorders and even suicide. I am hear to tell you that these issues are real, and can affect you, friends, family and coworkers. It is not your place to tell anyone how to live without understanding who they are and where they come from and what circumstances they may be under.

After years of experiencing my own share of panic attacks and depression spells, I have found a few things that has helped me gain a little more control in the day to day tasks. I want to share my voice and experiences to those who want to hear it. In honor of May being Mental Health Awareness month, I'm going to be focusing on taking care of my entire body, inside and out, focusing on healthier habits, gaining more confidence and breaking through barriers that I gave myself.


Comments

Popular Posts