Daily Dosage | The Tune of a New Summer Song

I'm no stranger to moving. Whether it be a couple blocks down, a few towns over or even half way across the world, I've done it before. Moving is a process that takes time and patience. I enjoy putting away my things one-by-one in big brown boxes and taping them shut. I look through old photos, clothing, books and ticket stubs and reminisce on the memories they come with. I choose to take some with me and I can also leave some behind.

I believe this time to be different. A much bigger change that I have been preparing myself for a few weeks now. School is ending and everyone is saying good bye. Leaving for home, for a new summer job, or for me a new part in life is beginning. Even though this city is within my home state, and only a few hours away from my family, this is our place where I begin a new chapter with a family of my own.



This summer is sure to be the busiest, wildest and most fun one yet; with plans of a few weddings (including my own), road trips and vacations already in the mix, life is looking very bright. There's nothing I love more than breathing in that fresh summer air and riding my bike along the street, discovering new foods, shopping malls and secret hideouts. It's a new city that will turn into home. I feel ready to take on whatever it may be, the good or the bad, with my best friend by my side. 

Welcome Summer!
"Rest is not idleness. and to lie sometimes on the grass under tress on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time." -John Lubbock

Thanks for Reading,
Love Nick

Comments

Popular Posts