Books I've Read | The Fifth Agreement - Don Miguel Ruiz, Don Jose Ruiz


THE FIFTH AGREEMENT | Don Miguel Ruiz & Don Jose Ruiz
Published by Amber-Allen Publishing Inc. | Copyright 2010

I had heard this book title before and was curious about what the hype was all about. I've seen this as many people's favorite books so I wanted to read it myself. It's one of the greater self mastery books that I've ever read. It's one that really makes you think the more you read. It makes you question everything, break down who you are but really get to you to realize that you can choose to be whomever and whatever you want to be. 

First of all, I think the typography and design of this book is incredibly beautiful. Simple, elegant and the size of the book is perfect. It's great as a reference book that I could keep with me in my bag as friendly reminders of the book's five agreements. Although I did write my own Nick's Notes on this book, that in reality I left a lot of things out. Every sentence is a lesson and every chapter makes you contemplate and really think about your life.

There wasn't very many things I disliked about it. Truthfully in the beginning I didn't really like how it told me that everything I know currently was a lie. It felt foreign, strange and something I wasn't used to. The last few chapters are my favorite though because it goes to show you that you can choose whatever you want in this life. The most important thing is not to forget everything you've ever known, but to understand it. You owe it to yourself to be honest with yourself, and that was the biggest message I received from the book.

I'd recommend this book to just about anyone and everyone. The Toltec perspective is one I had never heard of until I read this book and it is worth reading and giving a try. To be honest I don't even think my notes on the book even give it justice. It is far too chuck full of stories and examples that only the book can explain. Overall, I would highly recommend this too anyone and can see myself referencing back to this back in the near future. 

Comments

Popular Posts