My Traveling Diaries | 2015 | Moab, Utah USA


 To have lived in Utah most of my life and never actually been to Moab? Seems like I've been missing out on an incredible place. As always, the best trips I've taken have always been the spontaneous ones, and this one was something I needed, for me. A way to escape my tiny town for a while, meet new people, and explore these beautiful red rocks. I was accompanied by a friend and 40 people I didn't know... but that was only on the first day. 




Riding the trails was the first thing on the list in the morning! The whole group came out together and it was an absolute blast! Everyone was singing and laughing. I've never met a group that was so friendly and literally in love with life. Not a care in the world, we all just had each other. I tried dirt biking a little, but it was a lot harder than it looked. I felt pretty great on the RZR though...



Everywhere was breathtaking. A true playground for adults. We raced across the hills and blared the music as loud as it could go. It was all too perfect really! Nobody but us for miles. We were out there for hours just playing around and having fun. I almost forgot how hungry I was until we reached town. Most of us stayed in town to eat, but right after we finished, more plans were being made!



After a quick bite to eat a group of us went Canyoneering. The first time I had ever done it, or any sort of rock climbing. I was stoked. We had a great group with us, so it was sure to be a great time. We stemmed and climbed all the way to the top of Tierdrop Canyon and then we were going to repel down. Granted, this was my first time every doing anything like this. Part of me was nervous, but I was getting more and more excited. 

We reached the top and started working our way down. It wasn't difficult at all really. Grab the rope and walk down the walll! That is until, we reached the 100 foot cliff... I didn't really want to look at it until it was time. Everyone was very kind, telling me how good I was doing, giving me a bit more confidence! 

It was finally my turn to get down the cliff, so I latched on to the rope and started walking down. I probably shouldn't have looked down because that's when my heart started racing. 


Yep, that's me. Waaaaayy up there at the top. I was terrified while trying to keep my focus...when I lost my footing, slipped up and let go of the rope. My heart leapt. Luckily, there was someone right there at the bottom, to catch the rope, and make sure I didn't go anywhere. It took a minute to regain focus, but even then I was still freaking out. Advice was being called out so I slowly walked down a bit, but I had to completely free hang and work my way down. Fear might've got the better of me, but pretty damn good for my first time I'd say!

After we all made it down, we hiked out of the rest of the way. To top of the rest of the night, there was one more group going out for one last ride to the top to do a bit of star gazing. It was a really great official day in Moab. The people I met are absolutely incredible. So friendly and kind and can make you laugh at any given moment in time. It was so refreshing to be around people like that. This is what they do. This is what they love. They are so open and loving and it was great getting to know a few of them! 

I don't know if I could ever top this trip to Moab with another, but there is so much more I want to do there, that I think I'm going to need another trip as soon as possible! 




Comments

Popular Posts