Doyle's Last Lecture

Yes, this is me in high school :)

I recently revived the old phone that I used in high school. Would you imagine it still works? I was browsing through old photos, videos, ringtones, and notes that I left on it. It took me all the way back to the good ol' days at Sky View. I was looking through the notes when I came across one note titled...

"Doyle's Last Lecture." 

In my final year of high school, practically every Senior took the humanities class from Doyle Geddes. He was one of the jolliest and silliest teachers we had! Everyone loved him. He had the best classroom too; posters everywhere, a cooler of drinks and a life sized Yoda that looked almost too real. He was a fantastic teacher. He taught the class about lots of different art, music and culture from different time periods from around the world. He was never afraid to sing along or make jokes in class. On the the last day, he knew we were all itching to be out of high school. But, he asked us if we would take these next few words of advice to heart. 


  • Don't Be Mediocre
  • Pursue Excellence, It Becomes A Habit
  • Be A Better You So You Can Find A Better Partner
  • Look Out The Window, Look At The Big Picture and Look At This Beautiful World
  • Bloom Where You Are Planted
  • Nothing New Ever Comes Into Our Life, Unless We Are Aware Of What We Have Now
  • Follow Your Heart
  • TRAVEL!!!
  • Send Doyle A Marriage Announcement 


Comments

Popular Posts