Sometimes it is hard to generate your own ideas when trying to write! I know, writer’s block is a real thing. That’s when I decided that I needed to have a base, a list of ideas that I could reference if I ever found myself stuck. I have for you the list! It is sectioned out into different types of posts that can get your creative juices flowing!
- Favorites - This could encompass anything! Restaurants, books, fictional characters, actors/actresses, movies, products, etc...
- Places I’ve Been - compile a list of all the cities, states, or countries that you’ve traveled to. Give a brief memory of each place.
- Checklists - camping, back-to-school, pre-moving, packing lists, etc…
- What to do during the seasons
- What to do when you’re bored
- Date Ideas - Seasonal, holiday, free, etc…
- Things I Learned - things you learned at a conference, event, on a particular day, or at the end of the year.
- Bucket List
- Personal Music Playlists - What do you listen to when you want to study? Clean? Work out? Sleep? Etc…
- Wish Lists - Christmas? Birthday? Make a list of what you would wish for!
- Critical life moments
- Childhood memories
- Quotes - Tie in a quote with a life lesson you’ve learned
- Goals - Yearly, monthly, school year, etc…
- Current Event - write about what’s going on in the world and write it in an intriguing way and give your take on it.
- Political/Public Issues
- “What If” - you can have a little more creative freedom with this idea!
- Service/Volunteer Work - Have you ever done service for someone or volunteered? Write about it!
- Your Opinion - Write about any issue, spark a debate!
- Role Model - Who is someone that inspires you?
- Your Personal History - Share an inspiring story from one of your ancestors!
- Something You Treasure - Find something that means the world to you; a string of pearls or a small keepsake, and write about what makes it so special.
- You can interview anyone in your community! A political leader, professor, teacher, store owner, artist, musician, neighbor, writer, blogger, the old man in the cafe, or anyone with a profound influence or opinion
- Conduct a survey for your own research
‘THE BEST OF…”
- TV Shows
- Video Games
- New Products
- Anything else you come up with!
- Crafty - jewelry, decorations, or sewing projects
- Organize & Clean - Your closet, home, decorations, papers & files, etc...
- Silly Tutorial - ...How to ask a girl on a date, etc…
- Be as specific as you’d like!
REVIEWS & RECAPS
- TED Talks - share a link of a TED talk you enjoyed and share your opinion on it.
- TV Shows
- Video Games
- Authors or Journalists
- Public Figures
- Teacher or Mentor
- Lecture Series
- Your Favorite Place
- ‘A Day In The Life’ - or ‘Today In 10 Pictures’
- The Year
- Inspiration Pictures or Quotes
- Vlogs - Daily, weekly, holidays, events, parties, etc...
- Reviews - Books, Movies, Video Games, etc.
- Internet Challenges - Cinnamon challenge, etc…
- Make A Music Video
- Powerpoint/Slide Shows