6 Things I Learned in 2013


I love New Years Eve
The countdown to a new beginning
Letting go of the past, and standing in the face of the future
So it only seemed necessary that I write about it ...


Changing Your Hair Makes You Sassier
I’m already a sassy person, and dying my hair purple was almost liberating! Change is good, and I needed change. Feeling good about yourself is never a bad thing. That’s where it all starts too. When you’re in a good frame of my mind with yourself, everything else will come more pleasantly in life. You’re in charge of you, and at the end of the day, you are all that you have.

I Can Make Fire
I did a lot of camping over the summer and I know how to make the best fires. You want to go camping this summer? Well good. Take me with you, you’ll survive when you’re with me. I’m so prepared it’s insane.

Life Will Never Go As You Fully Expect It
I thought my future was planned out. It was all ready and set in stone. But on the brink of a single moment, a moment that stood out to me, it completely changed everything. It changed how I felt, my perspective, and I knew that what was once layed out so simply, was completely gone in a single moment.
Now, this may not be a bad thing or good thing, it’s just kind of how it is. It makes sense when you think about it, that we have absolutely no idea what’s going to happen. We can schedule and plan, but life will throw us curve balls, even to the people that have a plan. This leads me to the next thing I’ve learned…

Live Day By Day
A phrase we’ve heard all of our life. But I’ve finally lived that phrase, so it makes sense to me. I stress out about the tiniest things and it can take up my entire day. I’ve wasted hours on things that don’t matter. No one should live like that. It’s hard, and I’ve had to train myself, but it still takes work. Look at the positive in every day. Don’t let the tiny details distract from what’s truly important. Focus on making you happy, and be excited about what could come.

There’s No Such Thing As A Soul Mate
I do believe that there can be one person where it feels perfect and right in every way, and that’s what a soul mate could be. But I also believe in love after love. We can love whoever we want, whoever we allow. Love is showed in so many different ways, that we all express it differently. It’s easy for some, and difficult for others. The biggest thing is to do your best to show it. In any relationship, you must always show it. Show it every day in every way possible. I don’t want to end up in a relationship where anything like that would be considered a “chore”, I want passion and flirtation clear up until we’re 95.

Friends: Quality > Quantity
I have some of the greatest friends. Friends that have grown to be the sisters I never had. Always there for me, and can relate to me on a way that others can’t. I lost one of my best friends growing up and to this day I miss her. We were going down separate roads, and our relationship was just all over the place. I hope she knows I still love her, but maybe that was supposed to happen. Things in life happen for a reason.



As for 2014, I always love a fresh start.
I think it’s going to have an interesting beginning…
I just need to remember to
Be myself
Do what makes me happy
And LIVE in every moment

Comments

Popular Posts