Daily Dosage - Sunset Speculation

This picture is from my phone, but you do what you gotta do :)

Once, when I was very little, I was enjoying a beautiful sunset with my Aunt. She told me that when she was young, her father said that she should keep a journal of the sunsets; to talk about how beautiful they were and what they meant to her. She really enjoyed doing that, and told me I should do the same. 

Tonight’s sunset is very simple. Not bright at all, but towards the mountains it is a deep orange that barely kisses the mountain tops. Being outside is so rewarding and refreshing. When the temperature is cool and you can feel a subtle wind. Feeling the staggering soft grass on the tops of my feet while swinging in our swing. Summer is truly the best time of the year.

It is so important to take time for yourself. I try hard to not get too caught up in my to do lists. I know that I will make it to all of my projects this summer. I’m so glad to live in the country I do. It is getting more intense and more complex than ever before, but what I feel like people don’t see is that WE make up the future, WE will be filling those spots within the next 10 to 15 years. It’s funny to see all the memes, the insults, the jokes, and everything on different social media; apparently we really like to make fun of ourselves and…everything we do. But what’s so interesting to see is people that think that it’s going down the drain, yet that may be true, but we are the ones that can control what happens. We should teach our children what we were taught. The old fashioned way may be obsolete but there are valuable traits that should never die off.

Well, these things will make for a whole other post of my ramblings. But I’m so appreciative of people that are patriotic, and that will fight for our country no matter how bad it gets. It is a valuable trait to have in someone.


-Nicole

Comments

Popular Posts