Planning out the meals for a camping trip can get pretty expensive. Normally, I only go camping on the weekends (2-3 days) so normally, I don’t pack a whole lot of food. Luckily, if you can plan things out right, it won’t be too difficult. Let me show you some ideas for all breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and a simple shopping list with everything you need from these recipes.
Snacks for hiking and lounging around the campsite are fairly easy. You could do something like…
Granola Bars, Pop Tarts, Cereal in a Bag, Crackers, Fruit, etc…
· Cream cheese (opt)
· Fruit: Banana, grapes, apples, oranges, mangoes, etc…
· Paper Bags
· Cereal Container
· Hot Dogs
· Hot Dog Buns
· Spices : Salt, Pepper, Ketchup, Hot Sauce, Etc…
· Veggies : Peppers, carrots, green beans, etc…
· Tin Foil
· Shishkabob sticks
· SNACKS : Whatever you choose
· Don’t take full salt and pepper shakers, it’s more room, more weight, and you wouldn't want them to open up accidentally in your bag now would you? Try this!
1. Get a straw, pinch one side down and burn it shut
2. Next, fill the straw with the salt, or spice, of your choice!
3. Burn the other end shut.
What’s awesome about this is that all you need to do is cut the end off, season your food, then seal it up again. So simple!
· If you don’t like the straw idea, then get old containers like tic tac containers and put them in that! Just clean them out, take the label off and put the salt and pepper in them! Cool right?
· Besides of getting bags of ice, go invest in a BLOCK of ice. It’ll last much longer compared to tiny ice cubes.
Thanks for Reading!
Check out more packing lists, foods and snacks, and other essentials!
Click on the label "The College Girl's Guide to Camping" on the Home page of the Blog.
Want to see where I've been camping and hiking?
Go look at my Instagram account @nicoleal067