Thursday, June 22, 2017

Journal Prompt | What Qualities Do You Admire In Others?



It always seemed when I was growing up that my friends never got a long with each other. Every time I would introduce a friend to one another, they would end up hating each other. On separate occasions both of them would come up to me and explain to me why they didn't like the other and begin listing off the reasons why I should stop being their friend. I always thought that was so strange. Every time I would think they would get along, it would backfire horribly and it never went well. I never understood why that always happened.

For one reason or another, it happened a lot. I admit I did end up choosing some unhealthy friends at one point, which was pretty hard to give up on, because at one point they were, in fact, my friends. I decided years ago that I want to see people for who they are. I want to see people for how they present themselves. I want to look and search for the good in people because I know it exists in everyone.

Confidence has been something that I always struggled with during high school and sometimes even now. I was drawn to the people that were beaming with pride and radiated warmth. They embraced their personal style and owned their opinions. I admire the people that can speak freely and open all the while showing respect for others' opinions and views. I've always been attracted to people that are sure of themselves and aren't afraid to show it.  

The people that have a sense for adventure are probably some of the funnest ones to be around. They are some of the happiest people I know. It takes a special kind of person to be a true adventurer. Someone whose willing to go with the flow and try new things. I learn so much from those kinds of people, simply by talking to them and listening to their stories.

There's something that's a little more difficult to teach people, and that's selflessness. It's one of those characteristics that is not only an action but a feeling. I think finding someone who defines being self less is a person that takes the time to understand you, listen to you and take a genuine interest. We all make mistakes, they don't hold it against you. When you need to talk, they listen. When you need help, they're there for you. A selfless person is also a very loving person.

I admire the people that can express themselves. Even now after I finish writing this, I see that I look for these qualities in friends, but I also want these qualities for myself. I aim every day to be loving, confident, bold yet care-free. I think life is far to hard to take on by yourself, and that's why we all have friends in the first place. Find the friends that make you the best version of yourself. What you are and who you are will attract what you get.


Thanks For Reading,
Love Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment